PRESENTATIONS + PUBLICATIONS
- Research for Solutions: Convening Stakeholders to Galvanize Local Climate Action 2018 Global Climate Action Summit [September 2018]
- Managed Retreat in New York After Sandy: Incentivizing Participation in High-Cost Areas AGU Fall Meeting [December 2017]
- The Missing Link in Resilience? Solution-oriented Climate Communication Waterfront Conference [May 2017]
- “Participatory Cli-Fi”: Crowdsourcing Voicemails from the Future to Spark Engagement and Discern Perceptions of Climate Change AGU Fall Meeting [December 2016]
- Including gender considerations in transportation: An important step towards mitigation Outreach Magazine [December 2014]
- Why Women Are Essential for City Resilience 100 Resilient Cities [November 2014]
- Various Articles GlacierHub, www.glacierhub.org [July-October 2014]
- Comparison between ASTER and MODIS Melt Pond Surface & Volume Estimates and Trends on the Western Margin of Greenland European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2010, Vienna, Austria [May 2010]
- Comparison between ASTER and MODIS Melt Pond Surface & Volume Estimates and Trends on the Western Margin of Greenland Fall 2009 American Geophysical Union Meeting, San Francisco, California [Dec 2009]
- Remote Sensing Western Greenland Melt Ponds with High Resolution ASTER City College Academy of Professional Preparation Annual Presentation, New York, New York [Nov 2009]
- Remote Sensing Western Greenland Melt Ponds with High Resolution ASTER: Development of Depth Retrieval Method Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, Phoenix, Arizona [Oct 2009]
- Supraglacial Lakes over the Greenland Ice Sheet The 66th Annual Meeting of the Eastern Snow Conference Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada [June 2009]
Manager of Cross-Sector Climate Action
[April 2018 – Present]
Stood up the University Climate Change Coalition (UC3) program, a Bloomberg Philanthropies funded program that aims to accelerate local climate action by pairing R1 universities with their cities and other local stakeholders.
Mobilized a UC3 contingent at the Global Climate Action Summit with speaking opportunities at side events and main stage presence. Released a report on Coalition activities and expanded the coalition from 13 to 18 institutions.
Created the long term strategy, workplace and KPIs for the Coalition. Single-handedly manage the day-to-day execution/admin of the program including meetings, coordination, messaging, reporting, and growth/on-boarding.
Development of Second Nature’s cross-sector climate initiatives for the higher education sector such as America’s Pledge and We Are Still In by building partnerships & funding opportunities with other US-based NGOs.
Director of Buyouts & Acquisitions
NYS Governor's Office of Storm Recovery
[September 2017 – December 2017]
Manage operations, staff, vendors, reporting and all other facets of a $480M federally funded program to buyout storm and flood impacted homeowners, relocate them out of the floodplain and areas at high risk for future flooding, and conserve and restore the natural wetlands in these areas to mitigate future storm and flood impacts.
Represent the program and agency at public events to engage community members. Report directly to the Executive board, elected officials, the press, and communities on progress of the program.
Work with other federal, state and local agencies, as well as non-profits and civics associations to meet program goals.
Make policy and programmatic decisions within the context of federal, state and local regulations to benefit the program participants and impacted communities.
Senior Program & Policy Manager, Buyouts & Acquisitions Program
NYS Governor's Office of Storm Recovery
[June 2017 – September 2017]
Led the development of post-Sandy land-use planning of formerly residential areas in coastal New York State.
Liaised between Federal, State and Local actors to execute program objectives.
Developed program policy and procedures and managed data and systems essential to program operations.
Senior Data & Research Analyst, Research & Strategic Analysis Dept
NYS Governor's Office of Storm Recovery
[January 2016 – June 2017]
Data management and analysis for the Buyouts & Acquisitions housing program providing both public facing and internal data products, such as maps and graphs. Data research and consolidation from multiple sources.
Perform regular data integrity and gap analyses. Resolution of data issues with Information & Technology Systems and Programmatic teams. Improve workflows and systems to maintain data integrity.
Research and reporting to fulfill federal CBDG-DR grant reporting requirements.
Data Associate, Tools & Technical Innovation Team
ICLEI USA - Local Governments for Sustainability
[January 2015 – January 2016]
- Development of ClearPathTM GHG emissions management and accounting software and other technical climate tools;
- Analysis of city GHG emissions data and climate data and preparation of technical guidance. Provide technical support for clients on greenhouse gas inventories and other sustainability tools
- Design & implement all related technical systems, integrations and workflows for data management.
- Support the administration, development and reach of ICLEI’s digital presence and web tools, including development and implementation of the new icleiusa.org website and online member community.
- Development, recruitment and program management of summer internship for four graduate students; manage weekly progress, provide individual guidance and facilitate completion of Local Climate Leaders Circle deliverables.
- Strategic planning and research of open data, climate equity and human centered design concepts.
Columbia Climate Center, The Earth Institute
[June 2014 – May 2017]
- Developed qualitative codes and coding methodology for federally funded climate change research project Futurecoast.
- Visualized data and presented preliminary results for American Geophysical Union meeting in December 2014.
- Created and conducted a training workshop for study duplication. Provided recommendations for future programming of this type to CCC.
Women's Environment and Development Organization
[September 2014 – January 2015]
- Coordinated the women's contingent activities for the September 2014 People's Climate March in New York City. Gained over 40 endorsements from gender justice organizations for the women's Call to March.
- Created a informational website and social media toolkit for the women's contingent which included media resources, sample tweets and posts, and other communication guidances.
- Drafted press releases and hosted national teleconferences. Organized mobilization events such as art nights, and speak-outs.
- Researching urban climate poilcy entry points for gender mainstreaming. Wrote articles for 100 Resilient Cities and Outreach Magazine on forthcoming research.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Columbia University Graduate School of Arts and Science
[September 2014 – December 2014]
- Teaching assistant for the graduate level course entitled 'Managing and Adapting to Climate Change'
- Led lectures and discussions for a class of over 40 students. Held one-on-one office hours. Managed course administration.
Research Assistant & Associate Editor
Center for Research on Environmental Decisions, The Earth Institute
[June 2014 – October 2014]
- Managed online content and media for GlacierHub.org, an educational platform on all things glaciers and climate change that publishes orginal articles 5 or more days a week. Created workflows for website operations.
- Researched and presented story leads at weekly team meeting. Composed climate science and pop culture articles for web publication in journalistic style.
- Conducted beta test site surveys and evaluated Google Analytics for website optimization.
Graduate Research Assistant
Polar Geophysics Group, Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory
[September 2013 – May 2014]
- Research of the Greenland Ice Sheet mass loss volume, rates, and mechanisms in order to make climate projections, identify the social impact, and evaluate current policy effectiveness. Work independently to identify gaps in the science and future avenues of research via extensive literature and data reviews.
- Prepared federal research grant proposal regarding communicating climate change research broadly to the scientific community, policy makers, and the public.
HRP Associates, Inc.
[November 2011 – August 2013]
- Provided consulting services for environmental policy, monitoring, & remediation projects including Brownfields.
- Worked intimately with various stakeholders (clients, regulators, non-profits, contractors, and communities) and my team from project budgeting & development, to execution & closure of Brownfield redevelopment projects.
- Acquired new clients, maintained existing clients, and marketed new services to clients by understanding their business needs, building confidence with quality work products, and anticipating compliance requirements.
- Independently prepared marketing proposals based on clients’ projects and regulatory needs.
- Analysis of environmental data and preparation of client deliverables and regulatory papers within tight deadlines.
Cryospheric Processes Laboratory
[August 2008 – January 2010]
Established a remote sensing application and algorithm to examine supra-glacial lakes, melt rate, volume of run-off via the Greenland Ice Sheet subsurface hydraulic system.
Developed field instrumentation and drafted a proposal for NASA and NSF research grants requiring extensive scientific literature reviews and synopses.
The City College of New York - EAS Department
[September 2007 – August 2008]
- Evaluated the local environmental health through analysis of air, soil and sediment samples utilizing scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM/TEM).
- Aided in the acquisition of grant monies through quick turnaround of vital laboratory analysis and composition of technical summaries.
US Geological Survey – Water Science Division, West Trenton, NJ
[June 2007 – August 2007]
- Conducted primary analysis and critique of the newly implemented NWIS data system; anticipated the need for and composed a staff user manual for the database.
- Composed technical field reports and knowledge of field sampling techniques including water and sediment collection, rain gauge evaluation, and water chemistry assessments.
SKILLS + PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong Climate Science Background
- Climate Communication & Presentations
- Adaptation & Mitigation Tech & Policy
- Extensive Research Experience
- New Client Acquisition Experience
- Grant & Marketing Proposal Writing
- Regulatory & Technical Science Writing
- Data Acquisition & Management
- Environmental & Climate Data Analysis
- Environmental Regulatory Assessments
- Microsoft Office Suite [PPT, Excel, Word]
- Geospatial Analysis Software [Envi-IDL, Arc-GIS]
- VIsual Design Software [Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign]
- 3D Modeling [Agisoft Photoscan]
HONORS + AWARDS
Cum Laude 
Dean’s List [2005 – 2010]
Featured Researcher: City College Annual Report 
NOAA-CREST Fellow [2008 – 2010]
CCAPP Scholar [2008 – 2010]
- Minorities Striving and Pursuing Higher Degrees of Success Scholar [2008 – 2009]
- Harris ’62 Merit Scholarship [2008 – 2009]
- Wagner Honors College Scholar [2005 – 2006]
- Wagner Academic Merit Scholarship [2005 – 2006]
Something you couldn't find? Use this search bar to find what you're looking for.